Thursday, October 9, 2014

Seen on Reddit

"...I rarely ever plateau.


"I may feel I had a bad week day or month, but the fact is: I'm not getting worse.


I might be becoming aware of mistakes I'm making, or trying positions I'm weaker in--but I'm not getting worse. People that whine all the time after plateauing are doing it wrong because they don't understaffed frustration yet. If this sets you off get ready it's going to get worse. I remember when I was super frustrated by it was wrestling I felt I wasn't getting better. I wasn't wining matches. But I was not getting pinned I wasn't getting teched and I was making guys who used to steam roll be regret a battle with me.

You don't know what frustration is when you don't win a match for 2 years. It took a lot of self reflection on it and evaluation but there was growth.


It's all in your head."


--http://np.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/2iseqd/how_to_black_and_brown_belts_get_better/

No comments:

Post a Comment