Thursday, October 9, 2014

Seen on reddit

My teammate works hard on the mat and has been a great teammate. He started his competitive career on what i think is close to a 10 or 11 match losing streak. In 3 of his last 4 matches, he had the lead before losing the match. He won this weekend and I was so proud of him. People don't realize how much heart it takes to step out there and fight through what he went through. Coming up close, but then not pulling it off could be heartbreaking and demoralizing. After each match, he wanted to watch the matches and see what he did wrong and work on it. He never complained, blamed his coaches or teammates. He could of easily quit and said this isn't for me, but he fought. He fought on the mats at the gym and he fought hard at the competitions. I am lucky to have such a great guy on the mats with me.

--http://np.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/2h64yg/my_friend_and_teammate_broke_his_long_losing/

No comments:

Post a Comment