Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Warm ups"

I fucking hate warm ups. I'm there to do BJJ, which will get you in shape all on its own btw, thanks much. One can warm up the whole body in 2 minutes with intense burpees, anything else is just wasting my time. Mobility drills, where you learn movements, can be a useful part of a curriculum at certain stages. I don't think they're as valuable as other forms of practice after you're past a certain level, but they definitely have their place. We still do these at my gym. But not with the purpose or intent of having people 'warm up', and not every class. I could see having these things in a beginner's class, though. We do waaay too much in the way of warm ups for my judo class. Recently we're doing less. When we do 30 minutes of that, but only get 2 or 3 rounds of sparring at the end of class, I'm pissed. I keep it to myself, of course, but good God, priorities people.

No comments:

Post a Comment